Thursday, December 21, 2017

Three hundred and fifty-fourth day


Some Twitter posts from this morning that represent my thoughts (as of about 6 am 12/21/2017)...










Link to Vanity Fair article: Trump Can't Believe No One's Thrown a Parade In His Honor











Yeah - this was stunning. I couldn't watch too much of it.  How embarrassing for them.
I guess they're not embarrassed, but it made me uncomfortable to see them paying tribute to the President as if he's some kind of evil supervillain - or Anthony Fremont....  Shivers. 
They're weak and Trump is unworthy.
It's pretty clear how these guys got to their current position in life.



Matt Damon has recently been criticized for talking about the sexual harassment of women and sounding like an entitled white man who thinks he's a feminist.  Similar to those remarks he made about black actors on the 4th season of Project Greenlight.  Honestly, I only have a side-eye view of Matt Damon.
But, the article that goes along with the tweet was good.
Note:  It's a satire.



This article makes a good point that every administration changes the way something is referred to so it more clearly reflects the administration goals. I don't want to get worked up about it because it's Trump.  I can see that career federal employees would find it frustrating to be working toward one administration's goals and then have to shift when a new administration comes in.  That must be the nature of being a Federal employee; they are tasked with implementing the Federal Government's policies, which do in fact change.  Because for the most part the bureaucratic workings of a Federal Government do not change dramatically, maybe it was easier to be a career federal government employee in the past.  But, as with so many other things, Trump makes things different.  





And this series of tweets from @realdonaldtrump (in reverse chronological order, from 8:42 am on 12/21/2017)


Ridiculous?
I think so.
1. House Democrats do NOT want a shutdown, they want the DACA kids to be recognized.
2. Home Sales? Are we still pushing home sales as part of the American Dream? Millenials have a difficult time affording one with their student loans and 'side gig' economy. And most of the home sales in my area are cash buyers from foreign countries.  So, I'm not sure this is a good thing for America...maybe for developers like Donald Trump.
3. Fox and Friends is the Trump Broadcasting Network.  Who named them the most influential?  And if they are, then the troubles I think we can solve in the 2018 midterms may be more difficult to overcome than I hope.
4. The "Fake News Media".  I mean, this is so outrageous.  I'm sick of it.  On the other hand, I DO worry that regular voters will get their $2000 dollars and think that's good enough.  They won't FIGHT for the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!!
Most people aren't as greedy and self-serving as Donald J Trump.


Okay - time for work - I gotta get mine, 'cause that's the new American way!!!!





No comments: