Wednesday, February 1, 2017

Thirty-second Day

Clouds

AARGH, AACK, GAH, GRRRR!!!!!
How did I miss yesterday's entry???????
Well, I've been working up to that, I guess.  I kept forgetting until later in the afternoon.
Darn - what a disappointment.  At no point during the day did I think to add an entry.
Maybe that's because I turned the TV off while I worked?
Oh dear - I am bummed.

On the personal front, days 30 and 31 didn't yield anything worth discussing.

Around the world - lots of protests about Trump and the Executive Order related to refugees.
The problem has jumped to crisis status because the rollout was horrible.  Not only were people in transit affected, but people with green cards were also affected.  Trump said if he'd told people about the 'ban' ahead of time, all the bad guys would come right away.  He sure has a lot of respect for the ability of 'bad guy's to be organized and ready to go at a moment's notice.

My feeling is that if he'd rolled it out differently and not included refugees, he wouldn't have as many protestors..  The refugees already have a two year process before entering the United States. 
He also made a mistake by calling this a 'ban' and in an interview talking about Muslims and Christians. 
Other issues as well.  Trump's an idiot.

The real trouble is the people running the White House. And it's not Donald J Trump.  He's the child in the room and does what others tell him because he doesn't even care.
I think we'll see that more and more as his term continues.

Last night he selected a Supreme Court nominee.
Just like many people, I am still really angry that Obama's nominee wasn't even spoken to by Republicans, and I'm doubly angry that Republicans are dismayed by Democrat's (possible) plan to hold up the nomination.  They can dish it out, but they can't take it.
Hey people - you live by the sword, you die by the sword.
Horrible, horrible people.  
I have no patience or respect or calm about Double Standards and Hypocrisy.


I watched the episode of Black-ish called "Lemons" last night.
That was an excellent episode and encapsulates all of my emotions about our new state of affairs.
I feel activist, I feel defeated, I feel like spreading love, I feel lost, I feel angry, I feel pragmatic.
Here are lots of articles about the episode...


The era of Trump is upon us and none are safe.

Sigh.

No comments: