Friday, February 3, 2017

Thirty-fourth Day


June 2005, Japanese Garden at Washington Park in Portland, Oregon

This is one of my favorite photos that I took.  


I almost forgot to write this entry again today.  I remembered in the early afternoon while I drove to Whole Foods for a sandwich.  Then I forgot.  I remembered again in the middle afternoon.  Then I forgot.  
Sheesh.
I long to be one of those people who has a routine they adhere to.  
You know: "Dave could be counted on to sit at the corner booth in Bill's Tavern every day at 4:00."
On one hand I'd be irritated by the obligation to be somewhere at a specific time.  
On the other hand it sounds peaceful and friendly.

Anyway - it might make me remember to write in this blog every day.  

Hey - here's a routine I bet I do...I bet I've posted this photo before, and I bet I've lamented not being a person who has a standard routine.  
I can be counted on to not change much in the last 20 years...I have some of the same problems now that I did then.

***

Last night I read some more of my book.  Not a lot, but some.  I'll get back into the swing of that in the next week I hope.

I'm still torn between trying to 'normalize' all the Donald Trump shenanigans so I can have some peace of mind, and getting worked up about almost everything he does.

In the last couple days I haven't heard as much news. I check in only for a short time, get what I can and move on. 
Maybe tomorrow I'll do some more reviewing.  I subscribe to NY Times, Washington Post, and Seattle Times.  I mostly watch CBS News.  Every once in a while I'll check in with Fox News for a short time to see what they're saying.  I will read Wall Street Journal and Bloomberg articles.
I listen to NPR Weekly Roundup and Washington Week in Review on PBS (miss you Gwen Ifill!), and a few podcasts.
As I write it out - it seems like too much, but honestly, I don't do it every day.
A lot of my news comes from Twitter links.





No comments: