Saturday, February 4, 2017

Thirty-fifth Day

President Trump speaks during the National Prayer Breakfast in Washington on Thursday. (Win Mcnamee/Bloomberg News)

What a change from all those pretty pictures I usually post.  

I can't imagine working with or for Donald Trump.  He's petty, vindictive, unnecessarily aggressive, turns every interaction to praising himself, lies and exaggerates, and he enjoys hurting people.  
That's the impression I get from his Twitter feed. 
In his business I understand he insisted people call him Mr. Trump. Even the people who worked most closely with him.  That offends my sense of equality.
He speaks while he's thinking (if you can call it that) and is easily influenced by those around him.
He will treat someone atrociously, and if that person (ex: Obama) turns the other cheek and gives Trump courtesy and praise, Trump tells everyone how fantastic Obama is.  If Obama critiques him in any way, though - Trump will be like an emotional attack dog and he'll jump back into the pit.  
He's not a role model for the children I hope people are raising.

For all those people who for years talked about 'character' and how important it is in a leader (re: Bill Clinton), they sure didn't seem to care about character when they voted for Donald Trump.  

I understand people say he's a different person one on one.  They say he's more reasonable and personable.  They say the rest of it is just posturing.  
For me, that's no reassurance.  I don't have expectations that I'll have a one on one relationship with Trump so all I care about is how he acts in public - that's my only interaction with him.  I think he acts like someone I wouldn't want to have a relationship with. And he's certainly not someone I feel comfortable representing me to the rest of the world.


The people I need to learn more about are Steve Bannon and Jeff Sessions - apparently they're the ones pulling the strings.  


Well, that's all for now.  Enjoy your day! :)


No comments: