Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Forty-fifth Day


"I know he'd be a poorer man if he never saw an Eagle fly"

Just saw this post on the blog Dreaming About Other Worlds (which I think I've now linked to twice and I only saw the blog for the first time a short time ago!)
It was a nice post about the immigrant experience.
Besides that it reminded me that I enjoy John Denver music.  I'm sorry we lost John Denver so young; it was 20 years ago in October and he was only 53 when he died.

I don't have anything of note to report today.  
I work, I call my mother, I get ready for bed, I sleep.  
I work, I call my mother. I get ready for bed, I sleep.
I work. I call my mother. I get ready for bed, I sleep.
And through it - there is television and the internet and my own disappointment.

HA! - I'm not quite as disappointed as that sounds, but it seemed very dramatic so I wrote it.

It is for now - my life. 
It will change. 
Because that's what I do.

I don't change radically - I don't change quickly - but at some point...

No comments: