Friday, January 6, 2017

Sixth Day


I took this picture outside my apartment in Oregon 13 years and 1 day ago;January 7, 2004.

Today its really cold (at noon it's 34 degrees). Relative to other parts of the country, this is just a regular winter day, maybe.  We've had a cold snap this week that's starting to warm up.  Luckily, it was dry and sunny.
I've been so busy with Quarterly reporting and W2 processing that I haven't noticed the outside too much.

I also haven't visited my friend LJB either, which I feel bad about.  I don't know how to accommodate every priority.

I read another chapter in my book last night.

I almost forgot to write in this blog today.

I haven't mentioned it, but I also spend some time every day - anywhere from 10 minutes to 2 hours - playing Super Mario Run on my iPad.  I say the F word a lot because I have terrible hand eye coordination. Or should I say hand brain coordination?  I don't react very quickly to what I see.  Even if I know what's coming and what I'm attempting to do, I can't make my finger do it without repeating it over and over and over and over and over and over again.  I don't exaggerate.  It takes me a LOT of tries for some of these tasks. I mean it takes me maybe 100 times or so.  I'm just guessing, but I wouldn't be surprised.  It could be more.
So far I've gone through each world just to finish it.  Now, I'm going through to get the pink, purple, and black coins.  I'm currently on World 2-2 purple coins.

Yesterday I mentioned Congress is beginning the process to repeal Obamacare. House Majority Leader Paul Ryan has confirmed that in the legislation that will repeal Obamacare they'll defund Planned Parenthood.
This effort started with the religious right who object to Federal funding of abortions. Planned Parenthood does not currently get any money for abortion services.  All the money Planned Parenthood gets from the federal government is a reimbursement for regular Health Care services it provides, similar to other health care providers.  But, since Planned Parenthood does perform abortions, the religious right wants them put out of business.
This infuriates me.
It makes me see red.
I don't even know how to react to it.
This is a secular country and we shouldn't be making policy based on religious ideas of when life begins and ends.
Period.
If we made laws the religious people didn't like, they'd start claiming that we're taking away their freedom of religion.  As it is they say it anyway.
I don't understand why they don't see their own hypocrisy.
The bottom line is we don't KNOW when "LIFE" begins.  It's a religious conclusion.
Maybe we need to define "LIFE" before we start making laws about it.


No comments: