Monday, January 9, 2017

Ninth Day


I didn't watch the Golden Globes last night.
According to the podcast Hollywood and Levine only 57 people vote on the award - and they're actors from other countries who freelance as writers to supplement their waiter/waitress job while they wait for their big break. Ken Levine said the award can be bought.  He said the only reason big stars go to the award show is because they get free food and alcohol, and because it's nationally televised.  If that's the case, its embarrassing to watch people accept awards and give speeches that indicate the award means a lot to them.

Even if everything Ken Levine says is just for the joke of it - which is likely - I still don't care about the awards show, so I didn't watch.  That's not to say I've never watched awards shows I don't care about. Sometimes I'm in the mood to see big deal stars make a big deal out of each other.  Last night I wasn't.  


***

I started a new book last night.  The Blind Assassin by Margaret Atwood
I visited my Mom yesterday.

***

When I was in sixth grade, our teacher Mr. Wells, started one of our after recess periods with a game. He described to us a situation that seemed outlandish and we had to ask yes or no questions to figure out what the story was.  I have no recollection of the stories he told - I think we did it a couple times - but what I've never forgotten all these years later is that it was fun and I feel accomplished and interested when I think about it. I've heard of that sort of thing done as an exercise in other classes or scenarios and I find it interesting. It's a puzzle, it's a collaboration, it's funny, and it makes everyone think outside the box.  

***

Hearings for Donald Trump's cabinet begin this week.  In fact the week is jam packed with them along with Donald Trump's first press conference in the last six months on Wednesday.  There are some very unsavory characters he wants to see in his cabinet, so why not distract everyone from the confirmation hearings with a news conference?
Donald Trump hasn't done a damn thing yet as President, but he's been an ass already.  See his Twitter feed for details.
He acts like a 7 year old spoiled brat. It's quite unbelievable. 


No comments: