Sunday, January 8, 2017

Eighth Day


Last night I finished reading "Little Bee" by Chris Cleave
As I've noted in previous posts I was reading it one chapter per day; a relaxing pace.  
Last night it was a really quick chapter and I saw how close to the end I was, so I finished.

What I liked about the book:  
  • This is the story of Little Bee. It's a name she took to protect her real identity. It fit her and it was easy to hear in my mind.
  • Little Bee has a very distinct and interesting point of view in the first chapters. It was written well and was easy to understand and believe.
  • The story is about Little Bee as a refugee - I haven't read many books about that so this was a fresh story for me.
  • An interesting personal characteristic of Little Bee is that wherever Little Bee was, she would look for how she would kill herself if the men came. I can imagine that might be a way to cope after surviving a tragedy.

***

I spent a nice morning checking out my money situation, surfing the internet...the usual.  
I sent a couple e-mails about the Windsor House pool.  Who knows what I'll get myself into because of that.
I went to Office Depot to pick up job ticket jackets to organize my card stock per Jennifer McGuire.
I went to Whole Foods and QFC to buy food - I was hungry and bought things I suspect I'll never eat.
I came home to organize my card stock while listening to KUOW.
I talked to Mom.
I read the book and I went to bed.

It was a nice, peaceful, relaxing day.  I want more of those.   

***

Listening to KUOW yesterday I was reminded how much I enjoy the show DAY 6 with host Brent Bambury.  He asks great questions.
In yesterday's show they talked about Google - by the end of 2017 the company will be entirely powered by renewable energy.  Excellent. I want to be involved in that kind of change.



No comments: