Tuesday, January 10, 2017

Tenth Day


There's lots of stormy weather across the US in the last few days - wind, rain, snow, ice.  Many Portlanders were ice bound last weekend.  

It's easy to forget we're tiny little things living on a rock hurtling through the vast universe. 

***

I only read a couple PAGES in my book last night.  The night got away from me and I don't even know how.  I did NOTHING that I can think of.  Grrrr. 

Now that I think about it, I watched You Tube videos, Twitter feeds, and maybe one DVR show.  I also finished the Super Mario Run world 2-2 black coin level.

Oh - I hand washed my dishes. Yay!  

I ate a bagel and some Daiya cream cheese, I finished off my Vegan Cornbread Stuffing, I ate some of my big salad.  And the usual as well - crackers and microwave french fries. Sigh.

***

I guess that's all I have to say today.  Boo.

***

UPDATE from later in the day:
I might forget this tomorrow morning.

I thought I'd check out Northwest Cable News this morning to see about Portland's weather situation. Turns out NWCN ceased operations January 6, 2017!!!  Too bad.  Apparently, it's gotten expensive to maintain a regional 24 hour news broadcast when many people - especially in the Northwest, they said - are getting their news digitally.
Looking into that, led me to remember KOMO TV's Northwest Afternoon and Cindi Rinehart's Scope on the Soaps - which is unrelated to NWCN; Dana Middleton is the link.
I used to watch Cindi Rinehart's part of the show. She was fun and quirky and I watched 95% of the ABC Soap Operas (All My Children, One Life to Live, General Hospital - and Ryan's Hope, when it was on).
Thinking back on those days - when I watched soap operas - makes me feel happy.  I don't know why. The Scope on the Soaps started in 1984 when I was working full time at Safeco, so how I started watching I don't know.  Maybe I started watching when I was off work between Safeco and the Radiology place? And then VCR's maybe?  I stopped watching soap operas at some point because I was working and it wasn't as much fun to watch the soaps on VCR.  I might have started up again (or did I never stop?) in the late 90's before starting at Timberline.  Then, I quit for good until the last year or so of AMC and OLTL fairly recently
Anyway - I remember that show and those times fondly and with some comfort.

No comments: