Saturday, May 17, 2014

Writing on this blog


I tried to blog every day for a month.
I couldn't do it.

I had plenty to say.  I always do.

Ah!  I want to be more clear.

I had plenty of emotion.

I wasn't able to translate my emotions into coherent words and sentences.

I was too overwhelmed and lacked the patience to organize my emotions into thoughts and from there into words and sentences.

Or...in the process of organizing my emotions into thoughts I realized the ideas didn't need to be shared.
          someone else said it already
          it was negative or judgmental
          it was presumptuous
          it was whiny or self-involved.
          my take on the idea wasn't helpful or didn't provide a unique perspective
          my initial emotion didn't translate into an idea that made sense in the final analysis
          I was wrong


Even when I want to write about something, I don't feel like taking time to provide context.


Every opinion is based on an understanding of the facts at that moment.  There are so many things we don't know and time changes everything.
I feel pressure to describe a MOMENT.  This is what I think RIGHT NOW.
New information comes to light very quickly and I'm not able to stay on top of all the things I'm interested in.  In an instant, the moment is gone, the circumstances have changed and my opinion will probably change.


Then, why?  Why do I want to write a blog?  I don't want to know people may or may not be reading my blog (too much pressure).  I might as well be writing in a private diary.  So, why do I maintain a blog?


Maybe...
I want someone in the future to know I was here.
I want to have my half of a lively conversation.  
I want a reason to do better, think better, write better.


I'll maintain this blog, and for the time being, I'll not worry about when or if I write in it.



No comments: