Sunday, May 18, 2014

Art inspires Thought


The author and illustrator Maira Kalman said this in an INKtalk (in association with TED) called What I choose to illustrate and why

You're constantly battling with the idea of loss and grief in this life time, and then continuing on with optimism and courage.

No wonder life is challenging and delightful at the same time.


She also said...

...everything that arrests you, everything that delights you has to be noted

Which goes along with my blog post from May 17 in which I wonder why I blog


If you watch the video of Maira Kalman, you'll hear about the artist Nina Katchadourian who made some Flemish style portraits in an airplane restroom!  Yes.  Funny and creative.  They really capture the style of Flemish paintings.


How is it that I came to Maira Kalman's website?  Via Lisa Hoffman's website
How is it that I came to Lisa Hoffman's site?  She commented on Michelle Ward's website
I have Michelle Ward's blog on my Feedly (it's been a while but I think it's because of stencils or mixed media)

And, that's how I surf!

No comments: