Saturday, April 26, 2014

Weekend Radio on KUOW

I enjoy listening to the radio on the weekend. KUOW is my go-to channel.
I could listen to every show on my own schedule because they have podcasts or are available on the internet.
I continue to listen on KUOW's schedule because that's how I think about listening to the radio.

Yes, I'm a member!

I don't listen to all of them every week, but these are the shows I look forward to on the weekend:

What an original.  I've learned a lot from this show's stories.  I've also laughed and cried and been  moved by many of the stories.  All around fantastic show.


A nice variety of tidbits and interviews.


Hosted by Brent Bambury, who does a wonderful job asking questions that provide both sides of an issue.


Good music and often HILARIOUS and heartwarming stories about Dave and Morley.  


Stories on a wide variety of themes; funny, poignant, interesting.  


Here are other shows I may also listen to on the weekend:

This show can make me laugh.

It's fun to hear about other parts of the world.  Rick often talks about off the beaten path locations.


There's often great music on this show - it has a good variety of skits and music.


Funny and interesting.


I'm listening to it now while I put this blog post together.  It's produced by KUOW.
I became aware of it when I drove to or from Portland around this time.  


He tells a good story about his life in movies and other personal experiences.


It really is storytelling with a beat.  The stories are there, but they're a little more produced and performed than The Moth, for instance.  It's fun.


Lynne Rossetto Kasper has a fabulous voice and just the right amount of charm and enthusiasm.


Brooke Gladstone hosts.  I like the questions she asks and her choice of stories and perspective.


If I can stay awake on Friday night I also listen to:

A modern radio play presentation

Friday News Roundup - Domestic from midnight to 1 am
Friday News Roundup - International from 1am to 2am.  
The show includes journalists and listener questions (which are politely controlled to move the show along)


Honestly, every show on the KUOW schedule on weekends and throughout the week is a winner.

No comments: