Sunday, April 27, 2014

One Day At a Time


Some people use drugs, others drink.  Some are adrenaline junkies, others are exercise fanatics.
My 'drug' of choice seems to be television/surfing the internet.

I decided to go through this day without any television.  And because my next 'zone out' drug is surfing the internet, I decided I wouldn't do that today either.

Until 8:00 pm when I'll watch the CBS shows and go to bed.

As it happens - I got a lot of stuff done today.  Quite a bit more than if I'd allowed myself to watch television or use the computer.

I did some work in the morning until noon.  From then on I listened to KUOW all day.
My goal is to clear out all the extra stuff I have.  I go through closets, drawers, boxes multiple times because on the first pass I can't bear to give something up.  The next time I go through it, I'm one step closer to giving it up.
I worry I'll throw something away I could have used.

Sure enough, it happened today.  I just realized I have a use for cable clips and I have some cable clips...or rather, I used to have cable clips.
I threw them out today.
I even hesitated, thinking they're small and don't take up room.
No - I'll never use them!!!  Throw them away!
They're gone.

Ah well...the truth is, I wouldn't have known I had them if I hadn't been throwing them away.


No comments: