Friday, May 4, 2012

United States Postal Service



I like the US Postal Service.
I really like the USPS.
Communication keeps America running.
I have always had pleasant encounters with postal carriers and employees at the post office.
I think the postal service performs a vital community service - interstate commerce and communication.

I don't know all the ins and outs of arguments for and against the postal service.  All I know is that I appreciate what they do.  I think it's pretty amazing that I can write a letter and for 50 cents, or so, it gets delivered wherever I want. 
Maybe it costs more than it has in the past, but that's true of everything these days.

I ordered two items that began shipping from Illinois and Ohio on Wednesday evening, and will arrive sometime today.  That's not even 48 hours. 

Thank you United States Postal Service and all the citizens who make it work - this American appreciates you!
(Yes, I'm a little over the top - but it's no less sincere...:) )

No comments: