Sunday, April 10, 2011

BFB



Friday, congress came to an agreement about the budget for the rest of the current fiscal year.
I think the Republicans/Tea Party supporters are Big Effin' Bullies.
"I'll relent on the Planned Parenthood 300 million, but only if you give me 900 million in other cuts"
"I'm just going to attach this rider to get rid of a social issue I don't like, and I'll take it away if you give me 5 times the amount of cuts in other areas."

They lie and posture and threaten and twist things around.
They get away with it the same way other bullies and dictators around the world do - they batter and abuse and call people names.
They gather together all the people who don't have a world view, the ones who can't see beyond their own fear in life, and they use those people as battering rams.  They change the argument so the new normal is the battering ram.  Far right wingers are the new normal.

I'm disgusted by it.
I don't know how to overcome it.

No comments: