Thursday, March 24, 2011

The Money Class


I carpooled to Kane Hall at UW with LJB, FJ, and KS to see Suze Orman promoting her new book, The Money Class.
I enjoy and appreciate her strength of personhood. 
One gentleman asked if she would be a spokesperson for the LGBT community.  I thought her answer was wonderful.  She said she speaks about it when it's appropriate.  But, she had to choose how she wanted to be thought of.  She has a passion for money and helping people understand money.  She doesn't want to be known as the gay/lesbian Suze Orman, she wants to be known as The Money Lady.  For that reason, she'll speak about being gay when appropriate and doesn't shy away from who she is, but she projects her passion in her life.
Interesting.  I wish I could figure out what my passion is.
I also like how she brings the spiritual into financial considerations.
The truth is - spirit is life.
I purchased a pre-signed book, but didn't have her personalize it.  There was a long line and we were ready to go home.  A good night!

No comments: