Monday, February 21, 2011

How will I live this day?

I'll be writing about Oprah as her final season winds down, but for today I want to share what I learned in a scene shot for her Behind The Scenes show on OWN.  Here is a link to the video.  Every morning, even if its only for a moment, Oprah stops in her meditation room...
Usually before the sun comes up, I offer myself to somthing greater than myself.  If it's for one minute, or ten minutes, or twenty seconds, I at least stop in that space in my house every morning.  I have a little meditation space where I just go.  I have beautiful spiritual readings there, I light my three candles there, daily word, or something.  And I express to this greater energy field than I that I don't want to be alone as I move out into the world.
I appreciate her intention to offer herself to something greater than herself, and not wanting to be alone in the world. 
For Christians, the image might be that they're walking the steps of Jesus today.  How would Jesus want me to live this day?

For me, I want to be so free and open that the energy of the universe flows through me as I walk through my day.  In my visioning, the energy of love is in the universe and it flows around and it comes down into me through the top of my head and then comes out of me through my eyes and mouth and hands and feet and every action I take in my physical world.  That's where I create and engage and communicate - that is where the energy of love in the universe takes form, through me.
Wow - I think that will be my meditation for this morning...I like that!

No comments: