Saturday, April 17, 2010

Goodbye Betty

Its only been a few days and I already miss that Ugly Betty is not in my world.  I need the sweetness and the courage of Betty.  Every character was lovely, their good side and bad sides all rolled into one.  Everyone was redeemed in the end.
Betty Suarez was cut from the same cloth as my other two favorite television icons - Mary Richards and Ann Marie.  Fresh, vivacious, courageous, hopeful, inventive, talented.
Betty wasn't perfect, but she knew how to do the right thing in the end - even if it was the hard thing.  She had a loving family who supported her in the best possible way - they loved her, weren't afraid to speak honestly to her, and encouraged her to be exactly who she was.  No judgment.
Betty had wonderful, special relationships with everyone.
Yeah - I'm still trying to be like Betty, Ann, and Mary - and I'M OLD!!!
I notice none of these ladies ever got married in their television lives.  Interesting.


No comments: