Saturday, February 6, 2010

The Week in Review: Saturday January 30 - February 5, 2010

The Week In Review

Saturday January 30 - February 5, 2010

  • I learned that if I paint on the pages of my Moleskine journal,  I need gesso first.  Otherwise the paint soaks right into the paper and it's hard to manipulate.
  • I was moved by GMA's Weekend America segment "Your Three Words"  Here is the link to the page...the one I heard used the song "Surrounded by Your Friends" by a band called Hooray for Earth.
  • I watched A LOT of art videos from Julie Prichard's online art workshops...Layer Love and Super Nova II.
  • Then, I signed up for Super Nova I.  I'm gonna make a book!
  • I repotted my two plants - first time!  (I've had them for years though; I'm ashamed it was the first time)
  • Walked to Fred Meyer's early Sunday morning and listened to the sound of silence.  Beautiful.
  • Talked on the phone to sister, mother, MFJ.
  • Wished my niece a happy birthday in the morning before work - I think she was still asleep.
  • Season premiere of LOST! Yay!
  • I got nice feedback for my Color Beyond the Basics - Lesson Three assignment.  It made me cheer!  I was very excited.   
  • Felt like being quiet at work - didn't talk too much - stayed busy.
  • I discovered the magazine Elephant at the bookstore - I love it!  It's an art magazine.  I purchased the first issue.
  • On the way to work I heard a phrase that later on, in a small meeting, I was able to both remember and say aloud at the most appropriate time.  How often does that happen to me?  
  • The phrase?  "When all is said and done, more is said than done."
  • Went to a presentation about Sharepoint by a local IT training company on Thursday (after work until 7) with 'the guys'.
  • I was very tired most of the week - especially my eyes.  I ate an orange and an apple or two.  
  • I made an Amazon order (and received most of it already!) - a selection of Sharpie White and Black water-based poster paint pens which I could never find at any nearby store, and three DVD's; Doctor Who Water of Mars, Doctor Who The End of Time Part I and II, and Season Six of The Mary Tyler Moore Show.
  • I sampled all the writing pens and pencils I've purchased recently.
  • Otherwise I watched television, continued reading my book "A Year in the Merde", slept and worked.



No comments: