Saturday, February 6, 2010

How I Met Your Mother - The Perfect Week.

I finally got around to watching the last two episodes each of How I Met Your Mother and The Big Bang Theory this afternoon.  I'm surprised I forgot to watch them earlier because its usually a nice end to Monday.  Watching art videos has surpassed general television watching?  Peculiar.
Digression:  I'm a television person.  I've always watched a lot of television.  I identify as a person who watches television.  I'm not a pro, or even a skilled amateur; I'm more of a hobbyist.  As a television person, I'm surprised by how much I DON'T watch television lately.  I've asked this question before and I'll ask it again...have I watched less television lately because 1) I'm getting older? 2) Television shows aren't that great anymore? 3) Being on the Internet is an equivalent substitute?  I don't know.
Speaking of the quality of television shows, I'm writing this blog entry specifically to say that the How I Met Your Mother episode called "The Perfect Week" made me laugh so hard I had to pause the playback so I could catch my breath!  That rarely happens to me.  It was a great episode.  I don't want to remember or think about it anymore so if I watch it again I'll have a good reaction to it.  But, I want to remember that I liked this episode particularly and overall, I like the show quite a bit.

UPDATE 3/19/2014 - I just saw the episode again, and well...I had two or three out loud chuckles, but I have no idea what made me laugh so hard the first time.  It just goes to show how unpredictable comedy can be and how much it relies on what the viewer brings to the show on any given day.

No comments: