Saturday, February 13, 2010

The Week In Review

The Week In Review
  Saturday February 6 - Friday February 12, 2010


**The heading is in violet and yellow-green because that's what I've been dreaming about this week...the complementary colors and how to use them in a painting.  
**For the second week in a row, my eyes have been tired.  I haven't felt tired, but my eyes are.  Maybe from watching too many art videos on the Internet?  Or maybe I'm more tired than I realize?
**This week has one major guest star:

Little Kitty has come to stay with me through March.  She's not so little anymore, but I don't think the name "Normal Kitty" has as much ring to it as "Little Kitty", so she remains Little Kitty.
**I purchased a Flip HD Mino camcorder.  It was an impulse buy at Costco.  I tend to enjoy purchasing things for my 'gang of friends' and I to have fun with.  Sadly, I've never had a gang of friends.  Nor do I expect to create or join one.  Anyway - if the need ever arises, I have a camcorder in my purse.  
**I've also been carrying the smaller camera in my purse lately (yes, it adds to the purse's weight).  Oftentimes I read about people saying they carry their camera with them wherever they go so they don't miss out on a great photo opportunity.  Normally, I'm on my way somewhere or its inconvenient so I still haven't used it much.  This week, though I was on my way to work on a foggy morning.  I passed by a stand of trees where the sun was peeking through and it looked like a cool picture.  I took the time to pull over, find where the best view was, jump out of my car, and get the shot.I'm disappointed with the result, because it looked so much cooler than this.  The sun was like a perfect circle in the sky but hazed over with fog.  And the trees looked desolate.  This picture is ordinary and not interesting.  The sun isn't even showing up.  I'll add photography to my list of things to get better at.
**As mentioned earlier, I tried to use complementary colors in my art this week.  It was eye-opening.  I felt like a dolt because I didn't understand what I was supposed to do.  Art and color and being creative have become foreign to me.  It's a big challenge for me, my emotions, my spirituality, my personal development, my fulfillment...yes, I feel it has huge consequences in my life; creativity is what life's all about - Love has no meaning without action and action is creating, life's purpose is to learn to be spiritual in a physical world, and, as a soul, I feel I'll develop and learn important things if I can push through what I perceive as limitations and become the creator I know I can be.  But, it's really not easy to keep pushing through - my psyche is bruised and bloodied from the effort.  Down but not out.  All I can say is I'll keep trying and it turns out I'm a very slow learner.
**I've had to start moderating comments on this blog.  I'm getting comments that are links to what I assume are nefarious sites.  Sigh.    I don't advertise the site so there's not a lot of traffic.  I have one friend that will comment every once in a while.  Rarely I received a spam comment, but since they were so few and far between I didn't worry about it.  But, now they're coming in a few a week.  Yuck.  Moderating only means I can reject a comment that comes through.  And they don't appear on my site until I've accepted them, I think.
**I've become victim to.............
Orange flavored milk chocolate balls.  I can't stop at just one.  They're on sale all the time.  2 bags for $4.  What's a girl to do?  I'd feel better if it was at least dark chocolate.  Sigh.
**I'm still reading "A Year in the Merde".  I watched a little more television the last couple days because my TIVO is getting full.  And I'm still being quiet at work.  
**Honestly, this week has been difficult - one frustration after another.  I feel I can't do anything right - art, photography, book binding (I couldn't even cut my paper correctly and it looks like crap).  I had a thought earlier this week...
"There must be some reason I am the way I am, and it can't be just to make other people look good." 
I can only hope that's true.

      1 comment:

      John said...

      Soon you'll be painting the sun wherever you want to see it! Hope little kitty is getting settled.