Saturday, January 31, 2009

Burning Down the House - Talking Heads


"Burning Down the House" by Talking Heads on the Stop Making Sense DVD
I know for sure I didn't appreciate this when it came out. As I recall I thought it was very negative and destructive to sing about Burning Down a House in those days. The truth is, I have a hard time hearing lyrics in songs and don't pay much attention to them. My evidence is that I thought "Bang Bang Maxwell Hammer" (Beatles) was a cute song about a happy guy named Maxwell Hammer. Sheesh!
Now, Talking Heads/David Byrne is one of my faves. I wish I'd known myself better then.

The most recent David Byrne/Brian Eno collaboration is "Everything That Happens Will Happen Today". I'm enjoying it.

Update 03/22/2009 - Apparently, the video from the DVD "Stop Making Sense" is gone, so here is a link to the music video for the song.

No comments: