Saturday, January 31, 2009

In a Big Country - Big Country


"In a Big Country" by Big Country
I don't know if I appreciated this song when it was popular. Now, its my favorite song to turn up loud! I dance and sing around wherever I am - gotta love it!

The lyrics don't fully make sense to me...
"In a big country, dreams stay with you, like a lover's voice fires the mountainside. Stay alive."
My interpretation is that its about a guy who wants to stay in the town where he grew up, but his girlfriend wants to explore the world and has big dreams. He doesn't hold her back. Or, something bad happened to her and she has to leave, but he can't.
"I never meant to take the smile away from anybody's face. And that's a desperate way to look for someone who is still a child."
"Cry out for everything you ever might have wanted. I thought that pain and truth were things that really mattered, but you can't stay here when every single hope you had is shattered."

The sound of the song makes sense to me emotionally, even if the specific lyrics don't.

This was my first YouTube video embed. Yay!!

190 words/1009 characters (with spaces)

No comments: