Sunday, December 21, 2008

Babylon 5: Season Two

If you enjoy science fiction, sagas, good DVD marathons, heroes and villains, corruption and intrigue, and good guys with a spiritual bent, you should watch the Babylon 5 series. I'm enjoying it. Don't read any of this post, though - 'cause there are spoilers!!

I just learned a lot in the second season! I definitely didn't start watching in the second season. Maybe the third? In any event, all this additional information makes the show much more enjoyable.

I didn't realize G'Kar was so beleaguered. I feel so sorry for him trying to save his people. He has honor and integrity and desire for goodness. I was right to have a crush on him the first time I watched this show.

Londo and the Centauri's are much worse than I knew. I originally thought he was the bad guy with a heart of gold that wasn't really dangerous. Clearly, he is dangerous.

I've gotten used to Delenn with her half humanness. I'm sorry to see Talia Winters go. It was quite abrupt. Did she and Ivanova have something going on, or was that kind of innocent?

Kosh was great. Is he gone, now? And I'm still not entirely sure if he's a Vorlon or the last of the First Ones who lives with the Vorlons.

At the end of this season, there are lots of good questions to be answered. I know the war is with the Shadows, and I know Londo gets to be Emperor sometime, and that Sheridan and Delenn are married and Sheridan becomes President, and that Babylon 5 breaks with Earth Dome, and Lyta Alexander comes back full time, and Garibaldi does something on Mars, and G'Kar becomes a huge spiritual leader. And I know Melissa Gilbert comes on as Sheridan's wife for an episode (and I think that might have been the time I started watching Babylon 5 - I was a Little House on the Prairie fan!)
That's about all I remember. I wonder how much of it will be different now that I understand more of the backstory?

It really did feel like a reset season. Too bad Michael O'Hare didn't work out for whatever reason.

There are two things about this show that remind me of Doctor Who...1) the first season lead leaves after one year, and 2) the end credit theme music. I always think I'm about to hear the Doctor Who theme. Weird.

I'm going straight into Season Three now. Man, these winter storms have been great for my Babylon 5 marathon!!

No comments: