Sunday, December 21, 2008

"I'll let you listen to me walk"

Okay - that struck me as funny. I'm watching the neverending coverage of our winter storm. A young male reporter was on top of Sylvan hill describing the layer of ice that's developed on the snow. So, he put the microphone near his feet, said "I'll let you listen to me walk", and walked - we heard the crunch, crunch, crunch of the ice breaking through to compact snow.
That's funny!

Yes, the coverage has been neverending. All day yesterday. Starting again very early this morning.

I don't mind too much because I've got other things to watch on television or things to do with the weather info on in the background. I'm just grateful (very grateful!)I have electric power, a place to call home, food in the refrigerator, Fred Meyer within walking distance, and I can work from home. I'm very lucky.

I tried to take pictures last night but they didn't turn out - it was still snowing so I must have had the aperture set incorrectly 'cause all I can see are circles of white, the snowflakes. Its not snowing right now so I'm going to try again this morning.

No comments: