Thursday, September 25, 2008

What's going on now??? This is crazy

I'm confused.

I had understood the Republicans, Democrats, and the Administration had made progress in coming up with a plan. It was practically agreed to.

Then, they had the White House meeting.

CNN (The Situation Room) is reporting there was a lot of contentiousness in the meeting and there are Republicans who are not on board. Apparently Boehner (sp?) is now saying there is no deal. They say they've always had issues. But, others are saying it looks like they had a deal until McCain charged in trying to grandstand - suddenly, nobody's on board.

The New York Times, on the other hand, is reporting that all is well and there are no major obstacles to an agreement.

The headline in the NYT is Lawmakers Agree on Outline of Bailout
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/09/26/business/26bush.html?bl&ex=1222488000&en=dc46b31fe4e3931d&ei=5087%0A

Huh?
What the heck is going on?

And what is the deal the Democrats and the Administration have agreed to? I don't even know if I agree with it anymore.

I guess no one cares if I agree anyway.

No comments: