Thursday, September 25, 2008

More sadness and repetitive moaning from me

I'm sad about this...
The more I hear, the more I think we shouldn't do the "bailout".

Okay - I think my problem is that I'm listening to the television. When I read the blogs or read the newspaper, I don't feel quite so bad.

The CNN crowd (this Rick Sanchez guy is goofy in my opinion, I don't like his show) keeps talking about "the markets". Well, who ARE the markets? Yes, some is in pension funds and it seems the people who are nearing retirement have it the worst. But, for many people, they're not going to use the money in their pension funds for awhile and the crisis will pass eventually.

There are other ways. Friend J told me earlier today that he'd heard about people suggesting we give INSURANCE to the banks. They keep their bad loans but we'll insure them so we can get confidence back in the market.

Don't just give them money.

That's the same way we got into this problem in the first place.

Sigh - I'm going over the same territory again and again and again.

What kind of a country do we live in? This is crazy.

No comments: