Thursday, September 25, 2008

The flow of Information isn't making sense

Here's what I don't understand....
John McCain is supposed to persuade Republicans to go along with the bailout. It appears, according to the CNN/FOXNews crowd, that the Democrats are characterized as being for the Paulson plan.

So, McCain is persuading Republicans to side with Democrats who are siding with the President.

Right?

Huh?

First - the plan isn't even the Paulson plan anymore. Why is it still being called that? The plan that Paulson put forward last week has morphed to include a lot of the provisions Democrats and Republicans on the Senate Banking Committee requested (which is the hearing I watched).

Second - if most of the country is against the bailout and people are calling their Senators and Representatives to register protest about the bailout, why is it a fait accompli that the bailout is going to happen?
Or - is it only Republicans who are protesting the bailout? The people I know who are against it are Democrats. I thought across the board the regular people against the bailout are both Democrats and Republicans - the middle class.

I think there's more to this story than I'm being told. It doesn't make sense as it comes across on CNN/FOXNews.

I'm not surprised, mind you, I just want to know where I can go to find out what I need to know.

I wish there was a network that didn't have an agenda.

Even CNN is kinda ridiculous. Their anchors have an attitude that implies an opinion. Its tiresome.

I wish someone was sitting inside the meetings in Washington and blogging about it every quarter hour.

No comments: