Friday, August 29, 2008

Puzzling Choice

Something doesn't seem right about the Sarah Palin choice for Vice President by John McCain.
I understand McCain picked her because she's got "grit, integrity, and fierce devotion to the common good"...etc.
I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

Her selection bothers me and I can't quite put my finger on it.

There's something surreal about it. The men in my office were taken with her looks - she's hot, they said. And I think back to a brash Navy pilot in the 60's. It wasn't uncommon for men in those days and in that profession to have a fairly narrow view of the role of women outside the home. And his choice of a wealthy attactive blond women as his second wife sort of fits that stereotype (which I hesitate to say because I don't like to disrespect her). So, now he's selected a young attractive women to be his 'helpmate' in politics.
I feel like he and his handlers will send her off to foreign lands just like in the movie 'Dave'. Anything to get her out of Washington.
He picked a woman for political reasons, but I don't think he has any 'need' of her. She is his pretty face.

I don't know if that's true. It just feels so funny I can't figure out why he picked her. She's under investigation in Alaska for abuse of power. Why on earth would a person running for office pick someone who's already under investigation? In this climate, any sniff of impropriety has been the end of people's careers. So, why would he select her? What has she got that so trumps an investigation on abuse of power that he'd be willing to risk his presidency on it?

My other supposition is that she's the leader of a group of outer space aliens who has taken over Sarah Palin's body and another alien has taken over the body of whoever is running John McCain's campaign. They have John McCain under their spell and are planning to take over the world.

They set the bar really high on experience over the last couple months, and then just walked away from it by selecting Sarah Palin

My friend J is angry about this because John McCain, who may be our next president, has not chosen a leader, but made sure John McCain becomes president; he pandered to women and conservative Christians.

I think I'll have to fall back on my Wait and See strategy. After the Republican convention, there will be more information.

No comments: