Saturday, August 30, 2008

On second thought - McCain/Palin

I have another thought about McCain selecting Palin. He doesn't care that she's under investigation. People who select abortion as their number one issue (which is many more than I would expect) care more that she's against a woman's right to choose than that she might abuse her power. In fact, I suspect many of the anti-choice crowd would encourage a little abuse of power if it helped repeal Roe v Wade.

And considering abortion is the number one issue for most of the Republican base, he's just making sure they get what they want.

I don't believe the Clintons for McCain group is as real as the media likes to make them out to be. I don't think they were going to vote for a Democrat in any event. They might have thought they wanted to, but in the end I think they're Republicans. That's a hunch on my part. I know there are women who were upset. But, I can't imagine those women wouldn't heed Hillary's call at the convention to support Barack Obama. So, if they're voting for McCain now, they were always going to.

The other issue that was astonishing about McCain picking Palin is her lack of experience. Why, people wondered, would McCain select someone with less experience than Barack Obama who McCain has been criticizing for lack of experience?
Because He Doesn't Care. The 'lack of experience' argument has already played out. Its out there, its done what its going to do, they don't need it anymore. And Obama can't bring it up because it would just open the door to them playing that card again.

Very slippery. And creepy. Once again, I Don't Care is the best weapon around.

If one of the benefits to selecting Sarah Palin is that she's going to pull in disaffected Hillary supporters, as I mentioned before, I don't think there are any. They're a myth. I hope that was his reason, and I hope he realizes it won't work. I hope, I hope, I hope.

No comments: