Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Design Star, Food Network Star, The Mole

Design Star
This week Jennifer and Matt designed a kitchen, living room, and dining room for two families who lost their homes when the levees failed in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina - three years ago (that's another post all its own).
They both did a nice job. Either one of them would make a good winner.
Unfortunately, 'nice job' describes everything this season. Its been boring. I mentioned it in my last post - the challenges have not allowed the designers to go crazy. This is another challenge where they wouldn't want to do anything outrageous for the homeowners; their individual styles were muted. They did what they were asked to do and presented rooms most families would be comfortable living in. The chandelier Matt purchased was beautiful.
I like them both. They have nice personalities.
As far as who wins - I mostly don't care at this point.

Food Network Star
Well, even though last week I said I didn't care who won, I now know that I care a little bit. Aaron was my third choice and he won. It was anticlimactic. Ah, but really - I guess I don't care. Good for him. I'll probably not see his show any more than I saw the other Food Network Star shows. I hope Adam and Lisa get other opportunities because of the show.

The Mole
I'm disappointed Paul isn't in the final three. Until the last couple weeks I thought he could be The Mole.
Anyway - it now seems clear The Mole could be Craig or Nicole, which makes Mark all the more likely as The Mole because he's fooled me so completely!!! Ha!
Between Craig and Nicole, they're very matter of fact about the mistakes they make - like they have reasons for making the mistakes, but they're too pat.
Craig's reasons in particular, he doesn't get too emotional or disappointed. Did I notice Craig leave the dinner table at one point? Was he getting secret Mole instructions?
Except Paul thought it was Craig (right?) and he decided to answer the quiz with just one person in mind, and now Paul is gone. But, he also made a point to say it wasn't Nicole, which means maybe he targeted her in the quiz and missed.
But, it could be Nicole. As Paul mentioned last night, Nicole played the same game as Paul and I pegged him for The Mole for that very reason. Also, that whole thing last week about quitting was suspicious. And she does make a lot of mistakes in the missions.
And then there's Mark. If he turns out to be The Mole, it will have been quite a deception. Nah...he always tries to get money. It just can't be. I hope I won't eat my words at the end.
I'll be interested to see all The Mole clues on the last episode.

No comments: