Sunday, January 21, 2018

2017 Perspective

Yes - 2017 was difficult for me. I want 2018 to be a year of change.

Here's a reminder that no day or year or season is good or bad. It just is. We make of it what we will.
I 'hid' in 2017. I was overwhelmed and I haven't gotten out of it yet.
But, today I am reminded that the world is good,  I'm not sure I contribute to the good of the world, but I won't contribute to the bad.
I still have a light.

I saw this commercial for the first time today. I'm conflicted that it came from a large corporation - do their corporate policies match the ideals in this commercial?
Although the commercial speaks strongly of the human spirit, I have a feeling it's also meant to encourage a lack of reliance on the federal government to come to the aid of strangers.

This is the commercial:  Mass Mutual - Unsung

Nonetheless, it's an inspiring reminder.



I wish everyone saw the federal government the same way I do - not as an overseer trying to rule our lives, but a way to combine our resources to do the most good for the most people.
It should also maintain a standard vision of what a United States of America means,
For me, it's that all Americans are housed, fed, healthy, and educated.
Everyone - every human being - can advance based on their merit and desire.
All Americans have freedom to speak and believe and do what they want as long as other people's rights are not infringed and they are obeying the laws of our federal government, with the caveat being that the laws of the federal government reflect the people's vision (that's the tough one).


No comments: