Sunday, January 22, 2017

Twenty-second Day

John, at the Bellevue Botanical Gardens, October 2010

LJB died last night at 9:38 pm

I'm grateful to have been a part of John's life.  He made me feel I was special. 
He taught me that Reaching Out is the way to stay connected.

John often said "Life is Good When You Live". I didn't fully embrace that saying all these years - I knew it was true in an abstract way, but I didn't take the time to think about what it really means. 
In the last few months I've seen what it means and I understand it now in a more profound way. 
John exemplified that spirit of living for me.  
He talked every day about the things he was grateful for. 
He lived by knowing each moment.
As a result, his Life Is Good.

Life is Good, When you Live.  I hope I'll be as gracious in my life as John was in his.

I imagine he's having a wonderful time finding out all the best places to go in the New World.

I will probably have more to say in the coming days or weeks about John.  Or not.  I'm not sure.
He was an interesting person and we had a great history.  He wasn't without some challenges (not just the physical variety), but he was always good-spirited, kind, and generous.  

He made room for me in his life, and for that I'm better.

No comments: