Sunday, January 15, 2017

Fifteenth Day


My collage

I made this collage with my Salon Gals. It makes me happy to look at. Its an amateur attempt done in a bit of a rush, I'm sure. We were supposed to include things that make us happy.  So, mine has done the trick!  
I've still got it, so I think I'll make a more permanent version of this; one that I can hang on the wall.

***

Yesterday (Saturday) I spent the day watching this season's episodes of the Great American Baking Show.  It's the American version of BBC's The Great British Bake Off, which airs on PBS in America as The Great British Baking Show.
In 2016 the BBC lost the rights to televise the GBBO so Mel and Sue, the British host team left, followed by Mary Berry, one of the British judges, who was always thought of as the heart of the show.  

Apparently the Great American Baking Show has had low ratings.  The show is exactly the same as the PBS airing of the GBBS except the bakers seem a teeny less experienced and they don't speak in British accents.  The American show replicates the British cheery good-natured competition, which is often cited as a reason for the British show's popularity in America.  
I thought it was fun and lovely. 
I imagine one of the other charms of the British show, that we don't see in the American version, is the British contestant's way of describing things.  They have their own British-isms, that Americans find interesting.
There's nothing to be done about that.

***

I spent another evening at LJB's house last night.  This morning he's seeing his children and I've just gotten word that he opened his eyes to see them.  Huge joy for everyone about that.  
His other best friend JE will see him a little later this morning.  
Then, I expect he might leave us this evening or overnight.  Who can know of course.  I hope he will leave in the best possible way for him.






No comments: