Wednesday, June 11, 2014

A new mission for this blog...

Yes, it's a journal for me. 

I have a lot of memorabilia from my life.  Although I really like the memories they bring up, I don't like that memorabilia takes up space.  I'm sick of having to move it here, there, and everywhere when I hardly ever look at it except when I'm trying to figure out if I can throw it away. 

On the other hand, if I didn't have some of these things to look at I'd completely forget about people, places, events, and activities.

I had an idea several years ago that I could take pictures of things and then get rid of them.  I'd still have something to jog my memory, but I wouldn't have to take up space to keep them.

But, what about the story associated with the memory?  Can I keep that as well?
In what format?

I'm not sure if this blog will stand the test of technological time.  But, I guess I think it's in Google's best interest to have a way to archive it and make it available for a pretty long time.  So, I'm putting all my pictures and stories here.

I've just signed a one year lease at this 2 bed 2 bath apartment.  I want to live in a large studio space.  I have one year to get all this memorabilia documented and pared down so I can easily move to a space that better fits the lifestyle I'd like to have.

I'm sorry I waited until late middle age to do this.  Well, there's a reason for that, but I won't go into it now.

So, that's a new mission for the year.  I'm not sure how I'll do because when was the last time I did anything I said I would?  And even if I started, when was the last time I finished something?

I guess this blog could be a document of my good intentions.

No comments: