Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Movies I've Seen - The Internship

  • Billy (Vince Vaughn) and Nick (Owen Wilson) are salesmen whose careers have been torpedoed by the digital world. Trying to prove they are not obsolete, they defy the odds by talking their way into a coveted internship at Google, along with a battalion of brilliant college students. But, gaining entrance to this utopia is only half the battle. Now they must compete with a group of the nation's most elite, tech-savvy geniuses to prove that necessity really is the mother of re-invention.
    Written by Twentieth Century Fox

Well, let's hope that's not what it's like to work at Google!!!

I looked at IMDB to see the Vince Vaughn movies I've seen.  Swingers, Dodgeball:  A True Underdog Story, Wedding Crashers and The Internship for sure.  I remember seeing Zoolander, The Break Up, and Fred Claus, but I don't recall if I saw the whole movie or not.

What about Owen Wilson?  Shanghai Noon, Meet the Parents, Zoolander, The Royal Tenenbaums, Wedding Crashers, and The Internship.

I like the persona of both of these men.  I like their Vibe.
I thought DodgeBall was FAN TAS TIC the one time I saw it.  Love it.
I didn't like Wedding Crashers very much at all.  
Otherwise I don't have strong memories of any of the other movies.

I mention my history with Vince Vaughn and Owen Wilson because I thought I'd seen this exact story/plot many times before.  
It doesn't matter, I enjoy it.
The force of their personalities is what makes this movie.  They are nearly always optimistic and have a can-do attitude.  It's fun to watch.  
That's it.
If you like them and you like a little bit of heartwarming, you like this movie.
I do, I did.

No comments: