Sunday, December 22, 2013

Watching Television


I've always enjoyed watching television.  I can't be snobby about that. 
In the last year I've been spending a lot of time alone, so I watch even more.  

For the sake of eventually looking back at myself during these days, following is a list of what I've been watching this fall television season:

Shows I look forward to watching:  Sunday Night (Amazing Race, The Good Wife, The Mentalist), How I Met Your Mother, Brooklyn Nine-Nine, Survivor, Modern Family, Thursday Night (Parks and Recreation, Big Bang Theory, Project Runway, Elementary, Grey's Anatomy, Covert Affairs)

Shows that weren't on this fall, but I'm looking forward to their return:
Doctor Who, Community, The Americans, Orphan Black.  

Shows I like to watch:  Mom, 2 Broke Girls, Major Crimes, New Girl, The Mindy Project, Raising Hope, The Middle, Almost Human, American Ninja Warrior, Hollywood Game Night

Shows I've seen at least once:  Hostages, We Are Men, Castle, The Voice, Marvel's Agents of Shield, Welcome to the Family, Sean Saves the World, The Michael J Fox Show, Back in the Game, The Crazy Ones, The Millers, The Goldbergs, Trophy Wife, Super Fun Night, Ironside, Person of Interest

Shows I meant to try:  Sleepy Hollow, Reign

That's a lot of TV.  And, it's not even all inclusive...I watch the news (KIRO, CBS Morning News, CBS Evening News, and Sunday Morning), I watch repeats of Big Bang Theory, How I Met Your Mother, Frasier, and Grey's Anatomy.  I watch The Daily Show and The Colbert Report (when I stay up late), I watch House Hunters International.  

In the next few days I'll consider how I can make best use of my television viewing time.  I don't mind that I watch a lot of television.  I would like to watch less news (repetitive) and make sure I'm really enjoying the shows I do watch.  




No comments: