Tuesday, December 24, 2013

Television I Watch - The Sing-Off

I enjoyed The Sing Off this year.
The show only lasted a few episodes and took a couple weeks.  Good choice.  I don't know why, but it doesn't work as well when it lasts too long.  I watched Season 1 in its entirety, I only partially watched Season 2, and didn't watch Season 3 at all.   This season I watched it all again.
Jewel was the new judge this year and I thought she added a lot.  She has musical know-how in her critiques.  Last night she performed what I thought was a stunning version of "Have Yourself a Merry Little Christmas".



This year, I was rooting for Vocal Rush - a group of high school aged kids from the Oakland School of the Performing Arts.  Two of their performances stand out for me...

This is the first song of the first episode - and its why I became a fan.  The song is by a group called Delta Rae, so I'll for sure be purchasing their album based on this song.


And the second was their 'battle' round with another group called "Elements"...

Lots of fun and perfect for the holiday season.  Thanks NBC!

No comments: