Friday, January 27, 2012

How much does this outfit cost?

How much do you suppose this outfit costs?   I've put the details at the end of this post.

It makes me wonder how much money a person has who thinks these prices are reasonable?
It's a completely different world than the one I live in.
If I had unlimited funds would I become accustomed to paying this much for an outfit?

I understand clothing can become like art - it's a way for the designer and the person who's wearing the outfit to be creative and express themselves.  I can respect that.
(Although, I suspect a lot of fashionista people also know where to find good deals and put together cute outfits on a budget)

On the other hand - as a regular practice - it seems obscene to spend this much on clothing.

This is an example of income inequality and the blindness of wealth.

White button-down shirt, $598, black shorts, $498, both, Ralph Lauren Black Label, at select Ralph Lauren stores nationwide. Lizard clutch, $2,950, silver sandals, $595, both, Ralph Lauren Collection. Silver necklace with leather and wood, Pilar Olaverri, price on request.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The voice of the 99% speaks. Great job Vickster! :) - jk