Friday, December 10, 2010

I finished another book!

Part two of the Walnut Grove Trifecta (part one is here, part three I haven't read yet).

I like her.  Alison's writing style is easy, casual, friendly, funny, and genuine.  I feel like I met a friend.
I respect her activism (Aids Project Los Angeles and National Association to Protect Children are two groups she supports), and enjoyed her stories about being Nellie Oleson on Little House on the Prairie.  We also learn about the part of Alison's life that is not as innocent and lovely as "Little House" though she tells it very honestly - she seems to have a good perspective on what her life was and has become.  Again, I respect and like her - her book was good company!

It seems I have less to say when I enjoy something.  Everything about Alison and her story made sense and rang true.  I recommend the book.  

The book's website

No comments: