Wednesday, November 17, 2010

I'm quite taken...




Confession: I was awake in the overnight hours back in 1981 to see Prince Charles marry Lady Diana.
And...I even have a book commemorating it.
Yesterday's official announcement of the engagement of Prince William to Katherine Middleton reminds me how much fun it is to be happy for people I don't even know.

I've linked to a video of what I assume is their official engagement interview. It's reminiscent of Charles and Diana's interview - same ring, same seating position. But, based on what I heard, it's a match made by a different standard than Charles and Diana's. William seems like a well grown up man and I feel strangely proud of him for overcoming all the emotional obstacles to become comfortable and happy. I wish Katherine all the best.

Prince William was especially endearing after the 14 minute mark when he said one of the reasons they waited so long (they've been dating for about 8 years) is to give her a chance to back out because he's trying to learn from past experiences. They both wanted to mature into themselves before committing to something quite unimaginable.

I'm just so glad for this family if they've managed to come out of the drama, scandal, and tragedy of the past to be happy and fulfilled.

No comments: