Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Here's another approach...

Seinfeld "The Opposite"
George: Why did it all turn out like this for me? I had such promise...It became very clear to me sitting out there today that every decision I've ever made in my entire life has been wrong. My life is the opposite of everything I want it to be. Every instinct I have, in every area of life, be it something to wear, something to eat...it's all been wrong.
Jerry: If every instinct you have is wrong, then the opposite would have to be right.

George (later): This has been the dream of my life ever since I was a child, and it's all happening because I'm completely ignoring every urge towards common sense and good judgment I've ever had. This is no longer just some crazy notion Jerry, this is my religion!


Just like George, I'm going to shake things up!
Whatever my view of the world has been so far, it hasn't gotten me where I want to be.
I've run out of ideas.

I'm on a new path!
If my old ideas don't work - I'll use other people's ideas! No prejudging. Just doing.

I have some limitations still - food for one. I can't move forward with courage if I'm sick to my stomach all the time.
And honestly, I'm not ready to jump out of airplanes just yet.

Right now I'm going for things like...
Don't hang on to past hurts; don't identify with past emotions.
Respect myself by feeling good about my appearance (clothes, makeup, white teeth, etc)
Don't be lazy!
And join things. Fully participate. Don't stay on the edge - jump in (that one is mine!)

So far that's what I've got. If you have any ideas, let me know

No comments: