Saturday, December 12, 2009

Twitter and FaceBook



I've tried to see their usefulness.
I've tried to feel the appeal.
It's not happening.

I can't figure out what's fun about reading other people's tweets when I can't see both sides of the conversation.
I don't feel comfortable telling other people what my 'status' is.
If people want to see my 'status' they'll keep in touch and ask me.  They don't.  So...?
I'd like drop Facebook and Twitter, but I don't.
Why?
Someday I might figure out how they can make my life better.

I tried the Internet when I had a 2400 bps dial-up modem connection and people got mad at me because my phone was busy all the time.  That was in the early 90's (?)
But, it wasn't until more recently that Google and web pages made the Internet indispensable to me.

I'm going to wait until a similar development happens with social networking.  Until then, it's not for me.

No comments: