Saturday, December 26, 2009

Saint Augustine





I listened to a Philosophy Talk episode about Saint Augustine.  It was a fast-paced introduction for me.  The topics ranged from original sin, to just war, to church and state.  I don't have the brain capacity to quickly assimilate everything I heard, but I took particular notice of Augustine's idea (as described by the guest philosopher) that freedom is being more like God, God made us in His image, so when we have free will, we are more like God.
With that, my idea of God could be turned on its side a bit...
God CHOSE to be the creator because of his free will.
Having free will gives me (since I'm made in the image of God) the freedom to create as well.
What if God was one of us?
What if God was one of us who learned how to be truly FREE and CHOOSE his own reality, which brought forth us?

No comments: