Saturday, November 14, 2009

Hello Saturday Morning


When I was quite young, my mother had three prints of Degas ballerina paintings on a rectangle 'canvas' with light blue fabric over it hanging on the wall in my bedroom.  This was one of the prints.  It was the theme of my bedroom.  I took ballet class one year when I was about 6 or so.  Frankly, I was too lazy - even at that tender age - and too skittish about being in public to pursue it beyond that.  In fact, when it came time for our recital, I got upset and chickened out and all I did, in my pretty yellow tutu, was walk the flowers out to the dance teacher at the end.  Or, maybe I did one dance as well.  I remember looking up at tall people trying to make me feel better and suggesting I carry the flowers out at the end.  But, there are two pictures of me in the ballet recital - one during a dance, and one bringing out the flowers.  I don't remember that whole story.  Maybe I'll ask my Mom when I next talk to her.

No comments: