Saturday, August 1, 2009

It was really hot this week!

It got up to about 107 degrees in my area on Wednesday. It was too hot for me to even think about using the computer - so no posts. All I could do was come home from work (thankful my office is air conditioned) and sit in the coolest room in my house with the least amount of clothes and wait to fall asleep. If someone had asked me before last week if I'd be able to live in an environment where the temperature gets up to 107 degress I would have said no. That's why I don't live in Arizona, right? But, here I am in Oregon - and its hot. Yuck. My Northwest native roots keep me from living in an air conditioned house/apt. I mean, really. No self-respecting Northwesterner would buy an air conditioner for the few scant days of the year when it gets a wee bit hot. At least that's what I would have said before last week. Now, I'd reconsider. At least for Portland. All I had were two fans blowing directly on me. And, although, I seem to have survived, I didn't sleep well and it really was hot. Portland's in a valley so it's routinely several degress hotter than Seattle, which is where I'm originally from. It makes a difference, I think.
One trick I learned in the last week of hot weather (which continued today) is that shopping isn't hot. Its cool in the stores. And you can pretend its always cools. Ahhh... So, although I'm not a big fan of shopping, I shopped more this week than I normally would - and spent a lot more money. sheesh!
That's all I'm going to say for now. Its hot and I'm running out of money!

No comments: