Friday, June 12, 2009

Special Edition...

Today’s blog entry is to mark a milestone.

I was born 50 years ago today. At 1:28 am - just like this post!

My father and I...

My mother and I...


On one hand I want to commemorate this day because - well, it IS an accomplishment to finish 50 years of life on this earth, right!?!
On the other hand...meh - its another day. Any day can be a special day - profound and joyous and life-affirming.

Truth telling time -
I've tried to write this post all week. I want to say something meaningful on my 50th birthday.
I want to tell the truth.
But the truth is, sometimes I feel like a nut - sometimes I don't.
Sometimes my life feels great and sometimes it doesn't.

The truth is, I still have a lot of things to work on, but I don't want to write about them because it doesn't matter. It only matters that I keep trying to be the person I want to be. As hard as I've tried over the years to be that person, I don't know why it hasn't happened yet. But, I'll keep trying. I only wish I had another 100 years to do it because I must be a slow learner!

And on this day, I'm thinking about my natural parents, my Mom and Dad, my sister and her kids, all the family I've known and not known, my friends over the years - the ones I don't see and the ones I see every day, I'm thinking of all of you and I thank you for the special gift each of you gave me - your time, your presence, yourself.

Youth gets better with age.
Its easier being youthful, in mind and spirit at least, as you get older.
I hope I'm always young at heart, believing in the future, and working toward a new goal.

Happy Birthday to me!

No comments: