Saturday, June 13, 2009

Quick Thoughts...

1. I enjoyed my birthday yesterday - it was exactly the level of celebration I wanted...people at work said Happy Birthday, we exchanged hugs, and MFJ came over for the evening. Mom called in am, Maggie in afternoon, Sis in pm, niece a little later. And I'm sure my nephew thought about it...:)

2. I'm sorry that Ahmadinejad won the election in Iran. It reminds me of our 2004 election when those of us who didn't like Bush couldn't imagine that people would really vote for him a SECOND time! Four more years of hateful, negative rhetoric will get old eventually. I hope it won't be too late.

3. The leadership in North Korea is seemingly off its rocker. I thought we were trying to ignore them, but that makes them more agitated. In response to North Korea's own decision to test nuclear weapons and ballistic missilles, the Security Council announced new sanctions yesterday. It completely feeds into North Korea's false narrative that everyone wants to hurt them. Which makes them feel justified when they announce they're going to "weaponize" their remaining supply of plutonium in addition to begin enriching uranium in order to make nuclear weapons. And if anyone crosses them it will be a declaration of war.
I'm not alone in thinking North Korea is demonstrating some mental illness am I? I feel bad for the people because they've been isolated and infected by the mental illness as well so they aren't in a position to stop the crazies at the top

No comments: