Friday, April 24, 2009

What do these people have in common?





They all look like me, of course!
Truthfully, I look like no celebrity at all. Except, this is what I've been told...

When I was about 10, the dental assistant at my orthodonist said my eyes looked like Elizabeth Taylor's. I bet she was trying to make me feel better before a particularly nasty appointment. But, I believed her at the time. When I was younger my eyes were more blue and that might be what she was referring to.

One friend said I look like Rachel Dratch.

I've described myself as a Paula Poundstone type (kind of normal and nondescript).

But, the one I've been described as not once, but TWICE, is Jay Leno.
I played second base on a work softball team about 15 years ago. A grounder bumped off the lip of the dirt infield/grass outfield right into my chin, which grew about three sizes. (The crowd said "Ohhhhhh") As we were leaving one of the competitors said I looked like Jay Leno.

Recently, I've let my hair go gray (live life's experience, I say). When I pull my hair back in a ponytail, the gray becomes more pronounced on the top. I guess I could have been compared to a skunk, but a neighbor said I was a 'reverse' Jay Leno.

HA!

*****

One day I was watching a favorite HGTV show at the time called The World's Most Extreme Houses. They visited the African home of Dutch artist Daphnee Prevoo. She looks EX ACT LY like me. I thought I was looking at a mirror. It was shocking and exciting to see how much I looked like her. I think she even had similar mannerisms to me. It was wild. I showed it to a friend and my mother. They weren't quite as stunned as I was, but did acknowledge a resemblance. I kept the show on my TIVO for over a year. I've looked on the internet for a picture of her, but no luck. She has a website, but it only shows her art.

As an adoped person who's never seen anyone who looks like me - it was quite interesting and strange to see someone I thought was so similar to me.

Life is strange and funny, isn't it?

No comments: