Saturday, March 7, 2009

Wicked


A great day! Salon gals in the morning at my house, picked up my digital equipment from Comcast right after, and before I'd gotten much more than the box open the phone rang. My musical theater friend had an extra ticket to "Wicked". She left it at the Will Call window. I had 45 minutes to be in my seat for the 2:00 show! Eeek! I raced downtown. Will Call didn't see the ticket, I decided to buy one on my own, I checked again - Will Call still didn't have it. I watched the play from row F, far right aisle seat. I missed a bit of the stage, but they played enough of it up front that I don't think I missed much. Just when the first or second song was playing, the gal from Will Call came to me, they'd found the ticket! How did she find me I asked and the gal who sold me my ticket remembered where I was sitting! How lucky. How wonderful that they made the effort. They refunded my ticket and I went up with my friend at intermission for a different view from the box seats!

The play was better than I expected. I was touched by how badly Elphaba was treated, and how much love she still had to give, and how much Glinda changed. Their friendship brought tears to my eyes - especially during "For Good".

I came home and contacted one of my salon gal friends because we'd thought about seeing the show, but decided not to because of the cost and the timing. Afterward I called her and let her know that not more than 60 minutes after we'd decided not to go, I was there! She would have enjoyed it, so I felt bad that I didn't make more of an effort.

In any event, I appreciated my musical theater friend gave me the opportunity to see "Wicked". She's incredibly generous and even bought me a t-shirt!

I'm filled with good feelings for this day.

I'm grateful for salon gals
I'm grateful for musical theater friend.
I'm grateful for the two people in the Will Call office who found me (I'm going to write an e-mail to the Keller to let them know).
I'm grateful to the Fred Meyer clerk who, without asking, gave me 20% off Season 1 and Season 3 of Lost, which I couldn't resist buying after the last few episodes.

I'm now going back to fixing my Comcast setup with TIVO. I think there's a problem.

Thank you for this day!

Defying Gravity!!!!!

No comments: